2012-10-08

Cheeky

I'm a badly-mannered guest.

After a quick lunch and mixed results from walking around Buffalo, I headed back to the bus station so that I could sit and regroup. The downtown map that's posted in the station includes the Canadian Consulate as a point of interest, so I decided to go and say hello.

The Consulate is in a large office building with planters in a pedestrian plaza surrounding it, completely deserted, but I was able to relax and have fun. I knew that if I was hassled by a security guard I'd just need to show my passport to explain my presence.

The American and Canadian flags flew outside the building, but the American was in the shadow of the building. It's impolite of me, but I just couldn't resist the photo opportunity.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month