2012-10-21

Authorized Personnel Only

It was fitting that a security guard challenged me for taking photos of this abandoned factory by asking if I was authorized. I was standing on the road at the time, so it was a short conversation in which I wasn't particularly helpful. It ended when he went to call his supervisor.

I left him to his radio and continued to do what I was doing. The guard's supervisor arrived with surprising promptness, and after they had a brief conference, he drove over to me to let me know that there was absolutely no problem with me photographing from the street.

I knew that already.

I suspect that I was the most interesting thing that happened on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month