2010-01-03

Best of 2009: #876, Yellow Daisy

In March, I was looking for an image of mine that I could donate to a charity auction for the Sanfilippo Children's Research Foundation. I decided that none of my existing images were appropriate - saleable - and set out to shoot some new ones. There were four variations, but this was my favourite.

The photo here is the result of shooting twenty-five separate images and then blending them in a focus-stacking application. From there, I've edited the image in Lightroom and then tweaked it some more in Photoshop. It was shot in my lightbox, with the flower held sideways.

The large amount of white lets me change how it's cropped and framed for each print size, and I have a 4x6 sitting on my filing cabinet. It was taken on March 28, and first posted here on April 9.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month