2012-12-07

Vent

Detail from a building in Kensington Market.

A big advantage of the V1's little 2.7x-multiplier sensor is that its telephoto lens is also very small. I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around Toronto with a 70-300 on my D800, but the V1 and 30-110 gives me the same range and can still fit in a jacket pocket. With the hood extended.

All of these photos from the V1, and all of the photos that I've posted from my recent New York trip, have started out by bring processed with DxO Optics before being finished in Lightroom. In this case the corrections made possible by that extra step is the only reason why any lines in the photo are parallel – and that's not entirely the photographer's fault.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month