2012-12-04

Top Dollar Paid

My final photo from my NYC5 trip – for a while, at least.

This was one of those rare instances when I though "I'll have to come back and photograph that" and it actually worked out. In addition to the great character that this truck has acquired through its hard life, it reminds me of my "Coney Island Furniture" photograph from NYC2 in early 2011.

I didn't visit Coney Island on the weekend before Sandy, which I have mixed feelings about. But that neighbourhood will be the destination for my next trip to New York, whether it happens in June or in February.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month