2012-12-09

Two Point Six

As often happens when I have something I like, I wanted to see if there would be something else I like better.

The earlier photo was taken with a longer zoom lens, while this one used a shorter prime lens. The framing is different because there was a truck parked where I needed to be – sometimes zooms are handy.

One advantage of the 36Mpx D800 over the 10Mpx V1 is the size I can print. The V1 can stretch to 18x12", while this photo has been heavily cropped and can still create a 16x20" print at a higher resolution.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month