2012-12-06

Twenty-Five Cents

Not New York.

I didn't actually check, but I find it hard to believe that there are still payphones that will make a call for just a single quarter. Not that may people use them these days: it's clear their time is past. My spell-checker wants me to write "pay phones" or "pay-phones", but I won't let it.

This photo would have been hard to catch without my shiny new Nikon V1. Rather than anticipating a moment, I was just holding down the shutter button trying to catch the street without any traffic going past. The camera has a silent shutter and a 40-shot raw buffer, making this easy.

This wasn't the photo that I had in mind to take, but I like it better than the one that I wanted.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month