2010-02-28

End of the Games

When I was in Ottawa, I took this photo of the Olympic flag flying in front of the Parliament buildings.

I don't think the pole was propped up in those concrete blocks that people use instead of proper footings for their backyard decks, but it certainly felt like a temporary installation.

Apparently some people really like hockey. After the final game, this is what it sounded like from our 16th floor balcony:

This is two-and-a-half minutes trimmed out of nearly half an hour, keeping mostly the beginning and the end with a bit of the middle thrown in as well. They're still going at it as I type this, long after the game ended.

What's really amazing is that it took well over an hour for someone to finally think - "Wait a minute, I've got bagpipes!"

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month