2010-02-07

(1005) #714, Green

This is a photograph of the side of a local fruit stand. It would have been a throwaway photo if it wasn't for the kind participation of its proprietors, two of whom were willing to take time from their busy days to harangue me about my lack of permission to take the photo and their demands to know why I was taking it. As I wasn't on their property, I thanked them for their interest, told them that I like the colour green, and have a nice day.

Incidentally, this Fruit Stand is a quaint little plywood establishment that brings the charm of a roadside rural stand to the Annex neighbourhood. It is located on the edge of a parking lot, and is supposed to have annual inspections from the health department; currently its last inspection results on file are from November 2008, which they passed. And while I don't remember exactly when the last person was stabbed in their doorway, they were quite efficient at washing the blood off of the sidewalk.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month