2010-02-01

#033, #051: Storage

Off to one side of the dinosaur exhibit, behind a door marked 'exit', are two more animals on display. This area doesn't fit in with the new addition, and has the more traditional rectangular windows of the older building. The feeling is of a storage annex or warehouse, and the idea of warehousing dinosaur skeletons stuck with me when I took these photos.

I have others where they aren't silhouettes, but like these better.

Shooting with the manual focus Perspective Control lens is tiring, but it's better than carrying a stepladder around the museum all morning.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month