2014-05-21

Paving Back Campus

The smell of asphalt displaced the usual scents of spring and new growth today.

I've been photographing the University of Toronto's Back Campus Fields Project for over a year. Today it turned from being paved over metaphorically to literally. If it were a parking lot it would comfortably fit over 400 cars; if it was a building covering the same area it would need to have a substantial green roof to offset the loss of green space.

Instead it will be carpeted.

More photos from today can be found on my Back Campus Camera project blog.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month