2014-05-30

Kalamazoo

Many years ago I started looking at maps to find interesting places to go. Kalamazoo was one of the first to catch my eye – yes, because its name amuses me. The bus does go there as part of the Detroit-Chicago milk run, but it's much easier to get a good seat from the major terminals, so I went to Chicago instead.

It was a nice surprise to arrive in a small town and find familiar faces.

Businesses generally seemed to be doing well, with only a few empty storefronts in the main pedestrian area.

The town didn't have a lot of modern architecture, but it had its moments.

It's hard not to appreciate a town with a sense of humour.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month