2013-03-12

Vette

I'm not a 'car guy', and probably never will be – there's a very real chance that my G1 'learner's permit' will expire before I'll ever actually drive one. But I do know a car guy who absolutely blows me away with his knowledge and enthusiasm, and going to the auto show with him is what I look forward to all winter. Hearing him talk to the product reps and sales people, using a quick tech-heavy shorthand that I can't even begin to understand, gives me a glimpse of what I might sound like when I'm talking about cameras.

Next year I plan on doing some reading and research to know more about what I'm seeing, what's significant, and what the influences are. I never expect to be a car guy, but I know that I'm barely seeing the surface.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month