2010-11-27

#869, Metropolis

One of the truths of photography is that it's impossible to get the whole thing. So when I had the opportunity to capture the entire Metropolis, I couldn't just walk by.

I'm starting to think about where to go next spring, and given the way New York City dominates the East Coast bus routes, it's going to be difficult to not go back. But if and when I do return, one of the biggest challenges will be narrowing my scope down to some sort of workable project(s).

And next time, I'll do it in colour.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month