2013-12-31

Happy New Year V

Continuing my erratic tradition of marking the new year by posting photos of strip clubs.

I'm stil disappointed that I missed last year: I had every intention, and even had a club picked out, and meant to take the photo for months. But then the time just slipped away, and January happened way before I expected it. Sometimes things are like that.

This is the Platinum Gentleman's Club in Las Vegas, Nevada. It's on Flamingo, but significantly off the strip; the Las Vegas Sun says it "arguably holds the titles for the tiniest and divey-est strip club in Las Vegas. The single-room club is more or less the size of a fast food drive-thru, and its faded facade, cheap banner and generally abandoned-looking appearance do bring the word 'front' to mind." But I saw it at night, and it is indeed open for business.

Coincidentally, Penny and I were staying at the Platinum Hotel, which is also a couple of blocks away from the strip on Flamingo, but absolutely nothing like this establishment. Instead it's a really nice non-gaming hotel that was originally built as apartments; the suite we had was bigger than our condo, for a third of what a small room in New York would cost. We would absolutely stay there again.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month