2012-08-20

Work

Plastic is forever, but it's still odd to see it show such signs of wear.

I've recently been getting familiar with a new short macro lens, and taking my F5 and a roll of black and white film for a walk is part of that process. And the benefit of living so close to the University of Toronto is that there are many interesting signs to photograph, and since I've been doing this for a while, I get to try to find new ways to see them.

I'm not inherently a fan of monochrome images, but after spending an entire afternoon trying to scan and post-process just two colour photos, it certainly has its appeal.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month