2012-08-12

Words in Stone

These photos are simply quick sketches as I start to work on my second Lakefill series. I took them all with natural light in the space of just a couple of hours, and then processed them through Lightroom in an easy afternoon. The "for real" photos are going to be lit with strobes and run through three different programs. And I'll be taking lots and lots of them.

Of course the photographic process started six months ago, if not longer. All of the fragments that I'm photographing are the ones that caught my interest while I was on the Spit, and were small enough to collect. This explains why there are no large concrete blocks, and why so many of my subjects include words.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month