2012-08-20

Impressions

One of the things that I like about film is that it's a physical thing. Its own existence changes what's captured in ways that aren't entirely predictable. For example, the lighter section at the top of this photo is beyond the official imaging area of the camera – the lettering has created an echo that extends into the unexposed film.

I know that I've photographed this sign before, and which camera I did it with. But for now I can't find it here… my titles aren't always strongly linked to the photographs.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month