2012-06-02

RC Harris Outtakes

From inside the pump house, showing the areas roped off to keep visitors from mingling too closely with the pumps. The sign on the wall warns people from remaining in the area for more than 30 minutes to limit noise exposure. This kept the crowds away, which is why I spent so much of my visit there. (With hearing protection.)

This is inside the filter building, which is the one that doubles as prisons and headquarters for evil organizations in all of the movies and TV shows. It's a very pretty building built with an eye to symmetry, but I didn't find much reason to linger here.

I like having my little Canon S100, which is one of the best compact cameras ever made. But it really doesn't compare to the bigger gear, and its photos don't usually make it very far.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month