2010-09-30

#463, Sid Smith #2

A companion image to one that I took about six weeks ago, which shows a wider view of Sidney Smith Hall.

What's really remarkable is the similarity between the two images. Everything about how they were taken is different: camera, film, and scanner; time of day and time of year; different tempos, one being a walk-by shooting and the other bound to a tripod; even the film formats and shapes aren't the same. Yet I like to think that there's an essential link beyond the subject that marks them clearly as the product of the same photographer.

But I probably flatter myself - unless the link is that others wouldn't have taken one photo, let alone two.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month