2010-09-25

#305, Flare

My final image from my trip to Markham two weeks ago; I was trying to see the flare characteristics of the f/4 85mm Zeiss tele-tessar lens. Not bad, as it turns out - the sun was just outside the frame lines, so the hood wasn't helping at all.

I really like the look of Ektar colour film with the Zeiss Ikon, but I'm increasingly thinking of using this B&W film (chromogenic XP2) for my honeymoon in New York City one month from now. I'll also have the GH1 for colour digital, so the Ikon won't be my primary camera, and keeping to one film will increase my chances of building a consistent portfolio.

Besides, the world needs more black and white photos of New York.

This is blog post number 799, figuratively speaking.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month