2009-10-26

Playing Tour Guide

Since I'm only posting record shots recently, I thought I'd add this one of Downtown Killarney.

The red building nearest the camera, on the left, and the blue building beyond are the source of two of the photos in my 'Killarney Colours' post. Grey siding marks the spot for ice cream and worms; tucked in out of sight is the boat launch and LCBO trailer. The green roof is Gateway Marine, home to an awesome cheeseburger, and the two white buildings past that are hotels.

Behind the camera is the General Store, and further back is the pedestrian bridge to Killarney Mountain Lodge. The B&B where I stayed, the Blue Heron, is out of sight in the distance - over the hill and around the bend - which is also the part of the road where the black bear was standing when I walked 'home' the night before. (It was just a little bear, no bigger than the ones that hang out in Yosemite National Park. Brett will know what I mean, and Penny tells me that the little ones are sent out by the big ones as bait.)

And that's all of downtown, as seen with a 180mm telephoto lens.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month