2013-04-06

Driving Sound

These days the thing that's getting me out of the house, creatively speaking, is sound recording. Today I ventured far out of my usual range to reach a very specific spot that I had heard about years ago; this effort took substantial planning and a certain selectivity in its timing, all to be able to find a particular set of sounds that I want for a project. And what's more, this is the second time in two weeks that I've done this.

The amusing part is that while the recorder is running I usually have a camera out, so I've also been taking photos in places where I probably wouldn't go otherwise, and certainly in ones where I wouldn't linger if I wasn't anchored to a spot for ten or a hundred minutes. The results have included a few respectably decent photos.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month