2013-04-07

Black and White

Even at 1/80 and iso3200, the little V1 resolved enough detail for me to see that these are 400mL cans. Not bad. I might even try printing this one to see what happens.

The V1 is why I dislike using the word "better" as a way of categorizing cameras. It's a lousy little device, and my D800 could have done this shot without noise and with more tonal range. But if I was using my D800 I simply wouldn't have taken this shot – my audio recorder was running about fifteen feet away, and I wouldn't have been where I was if I wasn't recording.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month