2012-05-20

New and Old

Another weekend, another trip to the Leslie Street Spit. This is one of the older beaches; the bricks are worn down into small cobbles and an easy slope. But the dump trucks and bulldozer is doing its work along this stretch, burying the old with the new.

After taking this photo I met a few other guys who were there doing the same thing I was: sorting through bricks. It turns out that I'm not the only one with an unusual rock collection, but hopefully none of the others are planning on photographing them…

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month