2012-05-29

Harris High Lift

According to the diagram, these are the Harris High Lift Pumps at the RC Harris water treatment plant, which supplies a third of Toronto's drinking water. There are other banks of pumps to send mains-pressure water to Scarborough, as well as low-lift pumps that feed additional pumping stations through the city.

All of these were taken with my D800. The first is with the 50/1.4G, which takes most of my photos these days, while the second and third were using the 85/1.8D. That's a lens that hasn't seen much action, but I've brought it back into the rotation as I prepare to use it on a trip next month.

I do wish that I had been able to move over a bit to hide the white label on the emergency stop button, but then I also would have lost the line of the conduit running to it. Eventually I may be good enough at photoshop to remove that bit of white, even if I'm not up to the task now.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month