2012-01-29

Slow Shutter – Days

More from my Canon S100. It has a "custom" setting on the mode dial that I've configured for long exposures. It engages the neutral density filter, zooms the lens out a bit, changes the focus and metering modes, kicks in one-third of a stop of over-exposure, and although it aspires to a fifteen second shutter speed it will shorten it as needed.

It's a clever little camera – my TS3, which cost about the same and is about the same size, needs to be bludgeoned into accepting a different scene mode. On the other hand, it's a strong swimmer. You can't have everything.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month