2012-01-13

Skating

We're on the brink of the middle of January, and this is the first day that Toronto has finally had its first real attempt at a snow storm. It seemed like a good day for scanning film of people skating at city hall.

It took me almost a year to finish a single roll of film, for a total of nine exposures. I have two backs for my GX680, and the one with black and white film didn't see much use.

There was a problem with this film, and since there's no way to know if it was user or equipment error, I'm going to blame the camera. It wasn't fully advanced when I opened the back, causing light damage to the unprocessed film.

(I actually quite like the results.)

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month