2009-07-12

(928) Black Plastic

Another shot from Christie Pits park, home to one of the city's temporary garbage dumps. Like 'gnipmud on,' it was taken with the borrowed manual-focus Nikon 400/5.6, but this time it was mounted on my Olympus E-3.

The weird chain-link bokeh is actually from black chain-link fencing. It's in the background and I was also shooting through it, so I'm not sure which one's the culprit here.

And yes, it's a little soft. It was shot at 1/640, 800mm-e, but from a monopod. My vision's not the greatest, the E-3's viewfinder isn't either, and I never did check the diopter. There's a reason why autofocus lenses dominate the market.

1 comment:

nia said...

This is so artistic! Who can think that it was a garbage black plastic! I loved it, well done.
Thank you, love, nia

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month