2006-11-03

Yell Fire!

The sign on the door said "no professional cameras". This was taken by my camera phone -- a first for my blog.

Michael Franti and Spearhead, "Yell Fire!" U.S. Fall Tour, The Guvernment.

A big man who takes a big stand: Michael put on a great show. I was introduced to him about fourteen years ago, after my eldest brother played a spoken-word CD that the Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy provided musical backing to. I've been listening to him since, with solo CDs, Spearhead disks, and even a dog-chewed Hiphoprisy CD in my collection.

His latest album, "Yell Fire!" is a tremendous work and worth whatever it costs to buy.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month