2009-01-31

hangout

This is the 565th photo I've posted in the four years and four months that I've been doing this blog.

That's not too remarkable - but this is the first time a film camera has made an appearance.

As a 12x18 print, this got strong but scattered reaction in my club's print clinic. So I reshot it with my E-3, using six tiles in a 2x3 panorama, and each of those tiles was built out of five frames run through Photoacute for noise and its resolution increase. I printed the resulting file in four sheets, pieced together to form a single image two feet high and three feet wide. I had to downsample the image to get it to print that small.

It took an Honourable Mention at my club's print competition.

As Paula Scher said, make it bigger.

No comments:

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month