2005-11-06

Moving Camera

My favourite view of the city, constantly changing.

This was taken from the Bathurst street bridge, with the camera firmly pressed against the handrail as several trucks and a streetcar went by. No additional blur effects have been used. This is an eight second exposure with an R72 IR-pass filter.

It seems fitting that my 185th post is using the same camera as the first.

updated 30 nov 05: this is a second, more extreme version of this photo. I have re-edited it to bring out the grain of the long exposure and better control the colour. The original edit can still be seen here for comparison.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting! I like it!

Tobbe said...

i like it. wow!

Caryn said...

The original's nice, but I definitely prefer the new version. Very interesting. The graininess and colors really add to the shot.

Matthew Robertson said...

Thanks, this image has really grown on me.

It was originally taken for an Assignment posted by a friend of mine on SonyCams.com. I was just fooling around, trying different ideas of movement... I need to remember to enjoy myself and play more often.

I have broken the links to hundreds and hundreds of photos, which will take a long time to repair. The workaround is to replace "photo.matthewpiers" in the link URL with "matthewpiers.smugmug". Awkward, but only temporary.

This is happening because I have revamped matthewpiers dot com. More of what I write and photograph will be going there, so check it out as well.

Older Photos by Month